News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

And then later Officer Stellvertreter.

I must blush and admit I know nothig of the second doc, can someone educate me?

P.s. note how early the wound was.

This guy saw a lot of action, major un-nice machine gun stuff on the eastern front.

Chris,

Your man would have worn a bar with an EK2 and a Sachsen-Meiningen medal for merit in war like this:

meiningen_bar.JPG.jpeg

About 24,000 of these were awarded. They were given to other ranks and NCOs. Officers received the cross, which looked much the same except that the cross was cut out inside the ring and it was suspended from a crown.

The documents are fairly uncommon and, in my view, highly underrated (and I hope it stays that way).

Cheers,

David

So that's what the second document was. My lousy work monitor and I couldn't read the S-M document! I agree, under-rated.

David, your 3X bar is especially nice in that your SMEM is in bronze... so much better than the nasty late-war zink pieces!

• 5 years later...