News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

North Korea

shako_uk

Has anyone any information on the cap badges of North Korea? I have five badges, of which scans are shown below:

The first is an Army officer's cockade, in gilt metal with red and white enamel centre, 37mm idia. This design of cockade was worn as far back as the Korean War.

The second is a similar badge, but 32mm dia. The cockade I have previously seen, of this size, from the 1950s, was all gilt, with merely a red-painted star - most likely an other ranks' version?

The third is a one-piece badge, 53mm across the wreath, the cockade being 32mm dia, as No.2. This seems to follow the Soviet pattern of badge, and is probably of later date than Nos. 1 and 2.

The fourth badge is the wings emblem worn above the cockade by the Air Force. This is 62mm across the wing-tips. Is it worn by both officers and o/ranks? This badge, too, dates from, at least, the Korean War

The fifth badge iis another wings emblem, presumably also worn above a cockade. But what is the difference between Nos 4 and 5? Is No.5 an officer's version of No.4 or is it, perhaps for a civil air line?

If anyone can throw any light on these badges, I would be most grateful for their comments and, of course, if a North Korean Navy badge should be in your trades box, please let me know!

Brian

[attachmentid=45660]