News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thank you Imperial Quest for reviving this thread. In reviewing it, I realized that an example of one of what in my opinion is among the really under appreciated Imperial German decorations is not presented. So, here is a Brunswick Waterloo medal.

Thank you Stogie; but I must admit that I have not been able to learn how to run my scanner properly, so I use an old Olympus E-10 (a real workhorse) and then fine tune with iPhoto. It?s not all that time consuming and I rather enjoy the work.

Now Marc, please don?t jump! Next time you find yourself heading north across the Tappan - Zee, just keep driving - we?re only two stop lights away. Actually these Brunswick Waterloo Medals are not all that rare; and until only a couple of years ago were really quite inexpensive; especially when you realize that you are getting an identifiable piece in the process. I do have one more Brunswick piece that I think should be added to this thread; so here we go.

Following is a decoration which I think reflects one of the more unique designs and examples of quality workmanship of Imperial German decorations. The long service schnalles for the domestic staff of the Hannoverian royal family were founded on 21 September 1903 by Duke Ernst August. They were awarded for 25, 40 and 50 years service. They were produced by the Rothe firm in Vienna which makes sense because at that time, the Hannoverian royal family was living in Vienna, in exile. From 1903 until the Duke?s son married The Boss?s daughter in 1913 (becoming the Duke of Brunswick) the mounted ribbon was the pale blue of the Guelphic Order, after which the ribbon of the Brunswick Order of Henry the Lion (as seen here) was used.

Best wishes.

Wild Card

• 3 months later...

It's a Peninsula Centenarmedaille (like the one of "Ramblinfarms" - a commemorative Medal for 100 years after the foundation of the "black band"/"die schwarze Schar" by the "black duke" Friedrich Wilhelm) and in a quite bad condition, but the story behind it maybe interesting.

I found it as a young boy in the early 80s during a school-sport's event in the Eintrachtstadion (The stadium of Braunschweigs biggest sports club, which soccer-team won the german championship in 1967) on the sandy stands of the southern corner (which was renovated a few years later and isn't now sandy at all).

How did it get there? A mystery...

Though it is in worst condition and my team lost that day, it's now a kind of talisman :D .

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...

Hi everybody,

Today I've received three ribbon bars from Brunswick. Two are from the same man. Have a look

Note that the two first contains EK2 with combattant ribbon and BrK2 wit non combattant ribbon. Very strange !!!

Regards

Christophe

The biggest ribbon bar is very interresting : there is no RAO4 or RAO3, no KO4 or KO3, no others knight cross without X from others Kingdom or duchies.

So the man who had this ribbon bar may probaby wear the RAO and or KO at the neck. It's only a supposition.

Your comments are welcome

Christophe

Guest Rick Research

Great examples of "full awards" and "war awards only" from the VERY Mysterious 1902 Badener. :cheers:

• 4 months later...
    Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: WHOA! Isn't that one of the BRUNSWICK long service awards in 4th place? :jumping::jumping::jumping: Too early for me

Paging Wild Card!!!!!!!