News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

n Air Legion Badge

Backside

I have a complete set to the pilot of Croatia. Fastening must be here similar on the signs of German production. To that given by you of photo the fastening is not standard. The obverse show?

post-4893-1245685942_thumb.jpg

Ostin, thank you for the information and your pictures. What does it mean non-standard, its a fake or produced after 1945?

Regards Bodomir

I do not think that these are copy, possibly, this the version of production. After 45 such rewards did not make.

This not Spain. ;)

I do not think that these are copy, possibly, this the version of production. After 45 such rewards did not make.

This not Spain. ;)

Ostin, your answer sounds interesting and I have some additional questions.

Does your answer mean it is a original badge, but something like a pre-production model? How can I prove/verify this?

Whats about the "non-standard" fastener? I have no experience if this badge Model has been official awarded or sold during WW II. Can somebody give explanations, how this badge has been given to the Kroation Legion.

I bought this badge in Belgium last Weekend from an Austrian Collector (Vienna).

Bodomir

Ostin, your answer sounds interesting and I have some additional questions.

Does your answer mean it is a original badge, but something like a pre-production model? How can I prove/verify this?

Whats about the "non-standard" fastener? I have no experience if this badge Model has been official awarded or sold during WW II. Can somebody give explanations, how this badge has been given to the Kroation Legion.

I bought this badge in Belgium last Weekend from an Austrian Collector (Vienna).

Bodomir

I understood you. Let us begin from the fact that on your sign it was not originally another fastening. I.e., sign was by such original. On its performance (it is made a die), coating and to common form it is possible to say that it old. However, since it is not reward, but it serves as the sign of belonging, then I assume that there were the varieties of the fastening. Unfortunately, where you it purchased in the determination of authenticity a value it does not have.

PS: For the contact with you I use electronic translator; therefore are possible errors in my transfer. :beer:

Badge posted in first post is a copy and a very ugly one(lack of quality, wrong hinge setup, very bad made in general, doesn't look like anything it should) as I stated on a another thread. The one Ostin posted also look it could be wrong...but could use some better pics...(it looks like a wannabe German production wartime badge but I don't see the numbers on the back that should be there)

Edited by Luka

• 4 weeks later...

Bodomir & Ostin, both of your (metal) air legion badges are post-war reproductions.

Ostin's one is made in Spain by Croatian emigrees after the war, while the Bodomir one is made as a reproduction for the market.

Cloth air legion badge is original, very rare item.

• 2 months later...

The badge in last three pics has a catch/pin assembly and pebbled reverse surface often seen on german "1957" awards. Although many collectors/experts claim that awards of former German allies do not go into 1957 cathegory, as an Act from 1957 regulated only ex-3. reich awards with swastikas, it is known that some producers after WW2 produced "replacements" of WW1 as well as WW2 german allies awards for veterans - the most well known is "1957" Steinhauer & Luck Pour la merite, but they also made some Croat decorations (Zvonimir, i.e.) It is possbile that the later badge is from that production, but we have to know that 1957 awards were not completely official and could be, in many instances, bought by anyone who wanted them.