News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

130 Years of J. V. Stalin

Greg Collins

There have been a few medals produced, at the close of last year, by various organizations to commemorate Stalin's 130th. I find this the most attractive. Produced by the Communist Party of the Russian Federation (their logo on the back), it is obviously modeled on the Order of Lenin. Insofar as I know, these medals were produced as fund raisers... which means I can fill the document out with my name (in Russian, of course) and wear it with my others down to the Veterans of Foreign Wars. Hmmmmm, it's an idea... wonder if anyone would buy me a drink?:cheeky:

Edited by Greg Collins

Thanks for sharing this.

But I'll be honest with you, I can't wait for the day Russian authorities really clamp down on all of these political and veterans' associations that are dishing out medals, decorations and orders all over the place. I've seen way too many pictures of Russian generals garnishing their racks with these "thingies"...

Well, we have virtually the same thing going on in the US... medals from this heritage organization and that heritage organization. Hell, I've been awarded War Service Crosses from both the Sons of Confederate Veterans and the Military Order of the Stars and Bars. I guess it's nice to know that someone out there still cares about what you've done. I imagine it's the same for the former Soviet military personnel, in their current society of "over the top" capitalism, to remember these warriors who made that part of the earth the other "super power" back then... a Russian friend of mine used to talk about the pre 1991 time as "when we mattered as a country".

Anyway, as these and other medals (Umalatova, etc.) are not official State awards, I doubt seriously if they can do anything about them.