News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

ZIMBABWE POLICE

Zimbabwe (the former Rhodesia) is in Southern Africa and is just above Sth. Africa. Borders are also shared with Maputo (Mozamique), Zambia, Malawi and Botswana. The original police force was the famous B.S.A.P. - British South Africa Police - founded when Cecil Rhodes set-up the British South Africa Company in 1890. They had their own Company police who quickly became the BSAP.

When the British settlers allowed an African Govt. to take over in 1980 the BSAP was disbanded and the Zimbabwe Police were formed. Shown here is a cap badge and a shoulder title. The Latin motto was changed - however, the central motif of a lion with a spear was retained. The badge is made from pressed metal.

Yet another badge I should have tried to pick up from people I worked with when I had the opportunity

Ditto.

I had the pleasure of working with several of these gentlemen on courses at Tulliallan.

A few of them had been on the 'torture course' at their home training establishments.

No joke!

Edited by Robin Lumsden