News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

PART 4 - POLICE FORCES OF THE WORLD

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mervyn,

This cap is NOT from Thailand, it is a CAMBODIAN NATIONAL POLICE generals cap.

The badge is the design used by all ranks of police officers in Cambodia, also notice the same crest on the cap strap buttons.

I don't know yet if this is a particalar rank of General or the same hat used by all Generals but I'll let you when I find out for sure.

Keep posting photos of the other caps you got from your deal.

Best Regards,

Les

Hi - Les. Very interesting that you think Cambodia - will make it even rarer. I lived for over three years in Thailand and recognised the Royal Umbrellas - hadn't even thought of the other Countries in the area. Were there any other symbols that made you think Cambodia ? If I remember the maker's label is from Bangkok.

I do have another 4 or 5 pictures to post in this series - and the next box is due shortly. Will be a little while before I can post my main laptop has gone down with problems caused by the server. Something to do with trying to up-date cellphones at the last minute for fans to watch football-on. My Photo Impressions is on that computer.

I look forward to your further comments on this cap. Mervyn

Hi Mervyn,

I believe this is the badge of Cambodia as it is the State Crest of that country.

I do agree that certain elements are similar to Thailand but their Police use Chrome badges. The Thai design has animals , sorry can't remeber off hand what they are, rampant on either side of a central shield containing a coat of Arms supported by columns with cone tops and right at the top is a sunburst. Apart from the very top ,the badge is not fretted out. From a distance it gives the appearance of being oval with a circle on top. So totally different overall shape.

Once I work out how to post phtos I will send you a photo of a Thai police man.

Cambodian Police items used to be quite difficult to find but not now, most tourists that are also collectors bring them back from holidays, mainly Germans and Australians, so don't get too excited about the value.

Les

• 1 month later...