News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Black shoulder straps with black piping ?

I have no doubts about the originality of this nice pair of black shoulder straps with black piping.

However, I would like to learn more concerning their precise purpose.

Yes, of course, black piping is denoting 'Pionier' ? but this however only on Feldgrau cloth base (as the Panzer Pioneer used their own variation of white/black piping). So ?

Construction is mid-war production with silky piping. Cloth is all black wool.

Many thanks for your comments.

Mark

black piping is denoting 'Pionier' ? but this however only on Feldgrau cloth base (as the Panzer Pioneer used their own variation of white/black piping). So ?

Construction is mid-war production with silky piping. Cloth is all black wool.

Many thanks for your comments.

Mark

SS pioneer straps

cheers,

Gary

I fully agree, Gary,

However, before accepting these straps as unambiguous Waffen-SS Pionier I simply wanted to submit these on the Forum in order to be sure that it was not Heer or Panzer related.

Many collectors believe that Waffen-SS straps should have the underside in Feldgrau cloth. This is nearly always the rule on late-war straps, but earlier straps (like this pair) can be encountered made of all black cloth and constructed like the Heer shoulder straps.

Best,

Mark

Many collectors believe that Waffen-SS straps should have the underside in Feldgrau cloth. This is nearly always the rule on late-war straps, but earlier straps (like this pair) can be encountered made of all black cloth and constructed like the Heer shoulder straps.

Best,

Mark

Mark,

yes that is what collectors believe

cheers

Gary

Better than words or theories, many thanks for posting these interesting straps, Gary.

However, I didn?t know about later war examples (with the rounded strap ends like in # 7) all made of black cloth. Very interesting !

Best,

Marc

Marc,

that one is not actually black on the underside , here is the back :-)

cheers

Gary