News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HJ identification

I have been offered what appears to be an early HJ buckle. Stamped in brass and bearing The Assmann logo and RZM 17 mark, Ges.Gesch between these marks. The stamps appear under the roller and not at the catch side.The roller is seamed brass and the prongs dont appear iffy. It has a type III catch with feet, and the large ears which seem to appear on much later military buckles. It is of very high quality. Any Ideas? Sorry no picture. Will post some pictures of some of my buckles when I sought my camera out. Many thanks for reading this. Kingo.

Hi Kingo and welcome to the forum, without pics it would be hard to judge, from what you have described with the large ears to me it sounds like a fake, there were some with markings under the roller bar but they are like hens teeth, the big one for me is the large ears, does not sound good, I will try and find some pics of an original one for you :D

This is a fake buckle with a crank catch and the markings under the roller bar, hopefully you can now judge for yourself if the one is question is original or not, if you are still in doubt just let me know :D

Ben is right...those markings, if found under the prong bar....are a reproduction for sure.

That doesn't mean that the markings themselves aren't legit....these were used but never under the prong bar. Rather, they were used by the belt catch....Here's a pic of my example.

Cheers!

Rob

This is a fake buckle with a crank catch and the markings under the roller bar, hopefully you can now judge for yourself if the one is question is original or not, if you are still in doubt just let me know :D

This is exactly what the buckle looks like except in brass, and the catch is braised directly to the stamping.Thanks for your help. I have only recently started collecting 3rd reich buckles, but have quite a few imperial buckles,good and bad. the Nash book is invaluable and my discovery of this site on saturday has already saved me from adding to my hall of shame, no doubt you all have one of these. Again thanks and Imust get a new camera. all the best

Kingo