News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Annexation of Austria ribbon

Guest Rick Research

Third Reich ribbons were issued--inexplicably-- on lengths of 30mm wide ribbon. The "flowers campaign" medals were handed out on straight 30mm ribbons with simple pin back fastenings for presentation. But they were WORN on parade mounted 25mm ribbons.

This was enormously wasteful, since the "presentation" ribbons were simply cast off for actual wear unless a recipient home-made his own medal bars.

Guest Rick Research

Native Austrian Nazis. Old fashioned native Austrian Nazis.

40mm was the standard width for making Austrian trifold ribbon mounts:

So you've got some unused stock.

I don't have unused stock. I bought an Annexation of Austria medal recently and it came on the standard pinback ribbon but it also came with a small length of the 40mm ribbon. What I would like to know is why would any of the Annexation of Austria medals be mounted on an Austrian Tri-fold? Surely no Austrians took part in the Annexation of Austria?

Edited by colinward11