News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Allgemeine SS or NSKK Doctor's Sleeve Rating...?

Guest Rick Research

The metal one is definitely Third Reich-- a military officer's shoulder board device.

Seems to be the same exact snake and pole design on the tab... but that's an unusual shape for something German.... and yet it is ringing dim bells.

Will go and rummage in the library....

Meanwhile, stand it up on its point, and let's see the back side as well. How tall and wide is it?

I'm thinking a lower sleeve rating for a Nazi Party organization. BLACK background, right?

Hmmm, hmmm. Either Allgemeine SS or NSKK. I can't help beyond those hunches, but I am fairly certain it's a lower sleeve rating for a medical officer in one of those black uniformed organizations.

Try the Third Reich Political sub-forum.

Guest Rick Research

I did find a photo-- a very bad photo-- of one in wear-- in Heinz H?hne's "The Order of the Death's Head" of naked SS-VT recruits being examined in Vienna before the war... so it was worn on field gray SS uniform as well. But SS it is. I'll move this over to that section.