News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

Indeed. I am NOT sure, it has been so long since I've seen one... but the finish doesn't look like what I remember. I'd have said they were a dull gray or iron finish.

There are exver increasing numbers of fakes for Freikorps awards and things like this, so I would be VERY careful.

Indeed. I am NOT sure, it has been so long since I've seen one... but the finish doesn't look like what I remember. I'd have said they were a dull gray or iron finish.

There are ever increasing numbers of fakes for Freikorps awards and things like this, so I would be VERY careful.

Well, i also thought that it looks "to good to be true" and as of now, the current auction price for this item is about 8 Euro.

I wonder what the estimated prices for a originals of this kind of awards would be?

P?ter

Guys,

It's not an award as such. More of a wartime commemorative badge. This is in the same genre as the wartime bavarian divisional "tinnies". It was worn on the lower left chest by the men of the division. It came out during the war and was unofficial as far as the state was concerned. I have only seen one photo of it being worn and that was a studio photo. Rick is correct in that every one I have ever seen is made from "Kriegsmetall". Here's my example. Unfortunately, the attachment devices on the back have been removed.

Chip