News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Mention In Despatches Recommendation help needed

Hello All,

I wonder if anybody has access to the records held at Kew regarding Mention in Despatches recommendations?? 

I recently bought the medals awarded to a Captain E R Frei of the Royal Artillery who was M.I.D at the end of 1945 (29/11/45).

According to findmypast.co.uk , the file number for his recommendation is 

68/Gen/8098

If anybody could access this for me i would be most grateful! 

Many thanks,

Rob

According to the FMP page about 'Royal Artillery honours & awards Transcription' it states that the file number (68/Gen/8098)  "match those written on the surviving honours and awards recommendations held at the National Archives, Kew."  The problem is that I can not find an MID recommendation for Frei on the TNA "Recommendations for military honours and awards 1935-1990," which is where it should be.

Edited by Gunner 1

Rob:  The best that I can say is the I searched the TNA catalog with the name Frei in the 'Recommendations for military honours and awards 1935-1990' and there was nothing found.  My experience is that very few MiD recommendations are contained in the TNA database as I have only found one out of over 100 for which I have searched.