News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1939 EK2 purchase. Is it legit?

Hi all.

I've been lurking for a while and have now joined up.
    So let me start with the standard beginners question. Is my Iron Cross legit?
    It is of 3 piece construction with a magnetic core. The core doesn't rattle, but I can fit the corner of a piece of paper between the frame and core.
    There is no makers mark, the ring is soldered. There is a neat join down the edge of the frame. It is 43.5mm wide.
    The black finish looks matte in real life. I have added scans, daylight photos and cheap desktop microscope photos to try and cover all bases.
    What do you guys think?
    I have the opportunity to plead my case with the seller. He's a legit dealer that has been in business for decades, some people don't like him though.

There are things that worry me, but I don't want to pre-empt. 
    All opinions appreciated.

EK2001.jpg

EK2002.jpg

EK2003.jpg

EK2004.jpg

EK2005.jpg

EK2006.jpg

EK2007.jpg

EK2008.jpg

• 5 months later...

Hello! 

I am no professional and a recent begginer too but here is my opinion ( take it with a grain of salt ). I think it is an original but i have a few complaints. Could you provide me it´s weigh? Is it maker stamped on the ring? I also don´t like how the front 1939 text´s font is different from the back 1813. And i also think the swastika might bee too fat/dull. Again my opinion is worth the same as the back alley drug dealers. Otherwise i think it is legit! 

All the best,

Ilja Heimonen

Edited by Ilja Heimonen