News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Benin: National Gendarmerie School

No one

Posted (edited)

Dear Gentlemen,

Presentation of the insignia of the National Gendarmerie School* of Benin (this school welcomes students from other African countries, Djibouti for example)

*Ecole Nationale de la Gendarmerie (ENG)

dsc_0010.jpg.f58391575be6a9957d68fae8aeeb7071.jpg

- DECRET NO 2OO1 .589 DU 28 DECEMBRE 2OO1 portant création de l'Ecole Nationale de la Gendarmerie: C:/Users/ardou/Downloads/decret-2001-589.pdf

image.thumb.png.b941f6d5cd632cca2bc97074a10f381f.png

image.thumb.png.ab4dc12a83b82b7ac2728952c8c62d2d.png

image.thumb.png.38f41522d201a85b2ccb4ad7a954f4de.png

Yours sincerly,

No one

PS: the link doesn't work directly from this forum. You have to copy it.

Edited by No one
    the link doesn't work!

The link doesn't work because it is to someone's (yours?) C drive! You do not want us yahoos rooting around on your computer even if the link did work. You can upload documents on here if you wish to share it.

Have you come across any regulations for Benin's Orders, Decorations, and Medals in your travels? That's what really interests me...

Posted (edited)

Dear Megan,

I did share the document. It's the three pages posted above.

"Have you come across any regulations for Benin's Orders, Decorations, and Medals in your travels? " No.

Yours sincerely,

No one

Edited by No one

You're welcome. And thanks... if you do come across ANYONE's regulations for their Orders, Decorations, and Medals, please let me know.

Nice badge, by the way.

Dear Megan,

Did you try here? Décrets | Secrétariat général du Gouvernement du Bénin 

Here for the two most recent medals Ministère de la Défense Nationale (defense.bj)

"Reconnaissance du mérite des personnels et des unités militaires des FAB

Le Gouvernement instaure la création de médailles militaires

Dans le cadre de la promotion et de la reconnaissance du mérite des personnels et des unités militaires des Forces Armées Béninoises (FAB), le Conseil des ministres a adopté le mercredi 29 novembre 2023, deux décrets instaurant la création de médailles militaires. Ces insignes distinctifs, au-delà de la valeur symbolique, visent à exprimer la gratitude et la reconnaissance de la Nation envers ceux qui se sont distingués par leur bravoure et leur dévouement. 

La première médaille, dénommée la "Médaille de la défense nationale", a pour objectif de récompenser les personnels et les unités militaires qui se sont illustrés de manière exceptionnelle lors d'opérations nationales, multinationales, spéciales ou en service commandé. Ces faits d'arme remarquables peuvent être caractérisés par le courage, le zèle, la bravoure ou des résultats méritoires, voire héroïques. Il peut également s'agir d'actions particulièrement déterminantes ayant permis de sauver des vies, que ce soit celles de leurs camarades ou des populations civiles, ainsi que de remporter des victoires sur l'ennemi. 

La seconde médaille, appelée la "Croix du combattant", est destinée à honorer les personnels et les unités militaires des FAB qui, au cours d'opérations nationales, multinationales, spéciales ou en service commandé, ont fait preuve d'une bravoure exemplaire et ont été gravement blessés, tués ou portés disparus au combat, que ce soit sur le territoire national ou à l'étranger. 

Ces médailles militaires représentent une reconnaissance officielle du courage, de l'engagement et du sacrifice des hommes et des femmes qui servent au sein des Forces armées béninoises. Elles témoignent de l'importance accordée par l'État à la défense nationale et à la protection des intérêts du pays. 

Au-delà de la valeur symbolique, ces médailles offrent également des avantages et des privilèges aux récipiendaires, tels que des droits à la retraite. 

Date de publication : 1 décembre 2023 à 17h : 11min"

Yours sincerely,

No one

Dear Megan,

The second link is tricky.

image.png.2307e3a717a02b10c1ff4f42f00f0d9b.png

image.thumb.png.5777458f69c2498e21956d8ab4156280.png

And the text should appear .. I hope!  The text in blue above is what I'm talking about.

By the way "The link doesn't work because it is to someone's (yours?)"

No, it's the official page of the government of Benin website where it was published.

Yours sincerely,

No one

Ah, so they messed up the link? If a link starts "C:/users..." it is on the computer of whoever is trying to post a link rather than in a publically-available location on the Internet.

All bookmarked for after "marking season" at the university where I teach (computer science if you haven't guessed) and I finish my deepdive into South Africa, so many thanks for all this excellent information.

Indeed, thank you for all the posts you make, you've been shedding light in areas relatively unexplored. Now, I'm interested in orders, decorations, and medals... but quite enjoy looking at badges even so 🤓

Dear Megan,

"Ah, so they messed up the link? If a link starts "C:/users..." it is on the computer of whoever is trying to post a link rather than in a publically-available location on the Internet."

Thanks for the lesson. So this link is on my computer? I didn't know. So how can I get rid of it and get the real one.

I have to admit that I don't really understand this modern technology.

"You do not want us yahoos rooting around on your computer"

I didn't understand a word of this sentence either, now I do, thanks again.

Kindly show understanding towards the aging members of this forum who are not computer-savvy.

Yours sincerely,

No one

You do pretty well...

If you copied the link off their website, it's them that messed up. If you tried to link to the file on your own computer, what you need to do is to upload it to the board as an attachment, then we can download it from here.

Sorry if I confused you. Mind you, I am one of the ageing members of the forum, too, I just happen to work with computers 🤓