News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

3rd Finnish infantry regiment during the reign of Tsar Nikolai the second (3-й финляндский стрелковои полк)

Ilja Heimonen

I have found these to interesting pieces with an metal detector in Helsinki, Finland and they belong to the 3rd Finnish infantry regiment, which was an regiment that was based in Finland around 1900-1917 (During Nikolai the II´s reign of Finland). The regiment consisted of finnish and russian men. It saw action in the baltic states and in Russia during WW1.

The white circular thing is an seal and on the obverse it reads: "3rd Finnish infantry regiment" in russian  ("3-й финляндский стрелковои полк") and on the reverse reads: "treasurer" in russian ("казначей").

The other piece is an token that was given out to soldiers during their break time. In russian it is called "уволнителний жетон", so basically it was given out to soldiers so they could roam freely through a town when they were on a break and the token showed that the soldier is approved to do that. On the obverse of the piece it reads in russian: "nestr.ko 3.F.I.R", so "3 Finnish infantry regiment". No clue what the "nestr.ko" /" нестр.ко" stands for and on the reverse it has nothing. 

If anyone else here, by some miracle has some 3rd Finnish infantry regiment items, please tell me!

Love from Finland!

3.F.I.R.jpg