News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some British propoganda posters

Daily Express War Map 7.....7

On the back of this map were pencil sketches depicting a caricature of Mussolini in Helmet - Read "Duce" on top and "BAQRA" meaning cow in Maltese in bubble letters. I think the meaning of this caricature clearly expressed the sentiment of most of the Maltese :D

Interesting, I've been in the habit for some years of collecting WWI & WWII posters on a CD, to use as background sheets to photos etc.

The firebomb poster reminds me of the current Pepperami salami adverts.

I recently bought a WWI American War Bonds poster, but apart from that & a WWII American War Bonds poster I think I only have 1970's IRA ones, picked up in Northern Ireland.

Thanks Tony! That poster was bought by an Irish guy who collected all things Irish! So of course the Tipperary bit did it for him! Its the only non positive feedback (neutral) I ever got when there was no reason at all for that!

She was a good lass for as long as she stayed with me and I hope she did find a good home after all. But I suspect she may have not taken much of a fancy to him which explained why he left a neutral! :D

Jim :cheers: