News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Chris,

I have only come across two officers with that name: Leutnant der Reserve Wehmann (Landwehrbezirk Landsberg a.W.) of Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 40. Commissioned as such on 10 April 1916.

And

Hauptmann der Landwehr a.D. Wehmann of Landwehrbezirk Stra?burg who died on 13 July 1916 and is obviously not your man.

Regards

Glenn

Chris,

I have only come across two officers with that name: Leutnant der Reserve Wehmann (Landwehrbezirk Landsberg a.W.) of Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 40. Commissioned as such on 10 April 1916.

And

Hauptmann der Landwehr a.D. Wehmann of Landwehrbezirk Stra?burg who died on 13 July 1916 and is obviously not your man.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn,

As per usual, you are THE MAN. It is indeed the former specifically him being from Landsberg. Is there any other information regarding him?

Also, please provide where that information was located as well as the sources of any additional information.

This is fantastic and you continue to amaze. Thank you!

Chris

Chris,

I am not aware of the existance of a regimental history of Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 40 so it may not be possible to ascertain much more about him. I can tell you he survived the war. His promotion to Leutnant der Reserve was gazetted in the Milit?r-Wochenblatt in the second week of April 1916.

Regards

Glenn

Chris,

I am not aware of the existance of a regimental history of Landwehr-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 40 so it may not be possible to ascertain much more about him. I can tell you he survived the war. His promotion to Leutnant der Reserve was gazetted in the Milit?r-Wochenblatt in the second week of April 1916.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn,

That's a great great find. I'm really trying to understand how you are able to locate all this information. Did you have to read each page of the Wochenblatt until you found the information regarding Leut. Wehmann?

Where did you find the initial 10 April Commissioning date information? Was it by another page by page and line by line search or was it from the Wochen-Blatt quoted above?

I'm very interested in your ability to find seemingly obscure information so seemingly easily.

Glenn,

Did you have to read each page of the Wochenblatt until you found the information regarding Leut. Wehmann?

Where did you find the initial 10 April Commissioning date information? Was it by another page by page and line by line search or was it from the Wochen-Blatt quoted above?

Chris,

The wartime editions of the Milit?r-Wochenblatt were not indexed. So far I have name indexed my copies up to the middle of 1916 and the work comtinues. To give you an idea of the scale of the work involved, my index for 1915 alone contains some 55,000 Prussian and W?rttemberg officer and military official promotions.

Herr Wehmann's date is shown on the same page but in the entry directly above.

Regards

Glenn

Chris,

The wartime editions of the Milit?r-Wochenblatt were not indexed. So far I have name indexed my copies up to the middle of 1916 and the work comtinues. To give you an idea of the scale of the work involved, my index for 1915 alone contains some 55,000 Prussian and W?rttemberg officer and military official promotions.

Herr Wehmann's date is shown on the same page but in the entry directly above.

Regards

Glenn

Glenn,

That's really quite amazing.

Chris