News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Australian medal band at the end?

Hello,

I bought this Swedish medal bar and I can't find the correct medal for the last two bands.

left->right

* Sword's order (Swden)

* Wasa order (Sweden)

* Order of the Dannebrog (Denmark),

* The Royal Victorian Order (Australia) ??

* ??

Regards, Stefan

Edited by Stefan

Hi Royal victorian order is actually UK but could be awarded to others. The last one looks like the Prussian Order of the Red Eagle, non combatatnts ribbon, but I could be wrong, It depends on the age of the spange

regards

Alex

Hi Royal victorian order is actually UK but could be awarded to others. The last one looks like the Prussian Order of the Red Eagle, non combatatnts ribbon, but I could be wrong, It depends on the age of the spange

regards

Alex

Thanks Alex,

I didn't know about the UK medal. I used www.medalj.nu to find the diferent medal bands.

The age could be 1920-1950. Was the order of the red eagle handed out at military visits or did you have to earn it?

I attach a picture of the other medal bars I bought...almost only Swedish medals.

The last one is why I bought them - it got the Swedish Sword's order, Finnish libery cross 3/4 class, Finnish 1918 com. medal and the Finnish com. medal of the Tampere battle 1918. Probably for a Swedish officer in lower rank.

Regards, Stefan

hi Stefan I believe that the order of the red eagle was not officially awarded after 1918, so it would predate that year. As for issuing for state visits, I would guess that it could have been, that is why it may be the non-combatant ribon, the military combatant ribbon resembled the 1914-18 iron cross.

perhaps others can confirm or correct me

regards

Alex