News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

John Warren MD

Bear

Hello,

Joel/Buellmeister needed some info on a powder horn from the American Revolition. The horn is located in Massechusetts and inscribed 'John Warren 1776'. Hopefully we will get some pictures soon.

Only two with the name John Warren served in the American Revolution from Massachusetts.

John Warren - Drafted into service in April 20, 1778.(probably not him)

John Warren MD - I would say he would be the best choice for the horn. Probably a gift for his services.

History of the Ancient and Honorable Artillery Company of Massachusetts

p. 222

Guest Rick Research

But without further identification-- a rank or a town

this "John Warren" could have been 8 years old or 80.

Every boy and man had a powder horn, every farmer as well as every soldier.

:(

Hello Rick,

Best Guess... :beer:

This may certify that Joel (maybe Joes), a soldier belonging to col. Andrew Wards Battalion from the state of Connecticut in consequence of an unfortunate wound accidentally received from a fellow soldier in October 1776, had his tight arm amputated in the hospital at West Chester on the 20th of siad month, and he is hereby recommended to the benefit of a late resolve of the ????? Continental Congress, making provision for ???? unfortunate soldiers ???? ???? limbs in the service of the United States given at the general hospital in Philidelphia 17th day of February 1777

John Warren

The above mentioned soldier with his attendant is hereby ??????????????????????

John Warren

thanks,

barry

Guest Rick Research

Ah, there's one of my cousins--again!

This may certify that Joel Ives, a soldier belonging to Col. Andrew Wards Battalion from the state of Connecticut in consequence of an unfortunate wound accidentally received from a fellow soldier in October 1776, had his right arm amputated in the hospital at West Chester on the 20th of said month, and he is hereby recommended to the benefit of a late resolve of the HonbleContinental Congress, making provision for such unfortunate soldiers Losing their limbs in the service of the United States given at the general hospital in Philidelphia 17th day of February 1777

John Warren

The above mentioned soldier with his attendant is hereby permited to pass from Phialdelphia to Head Quarters in New Jersey

John Warren

Joel (the one armed one, not YOU! :cheeky: ) and my Iveses produced Mister Currier's printing partner. I dunno if Burl was one of ours, since I think he was a Southerner, though there were a lot of Yankee strays down that way.

Rick,

Thank you for your help on this one as well. I got an email about the Trowel Blade Bayonet and I'm still waiting for my Uncle to get me the pictures.. He goes at his own pace. As so shall we all... Hopefully this evening we should have an unveiling... Finger's crossed.. LOL!

Regards,

Joel