News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ski badge

A friend of mine brought in a badge which he had found in the back of a fireplace he was repairing sometime ago. The badge which is about 75 mm long and which appears to be silver or silver alloy comprises a crossed ski and ice pick with an eidelweiss flower surmounted on the centre, the flower bears the inscription "Ski Heil" and the back appears to have a makers mark on the reverse which owing to its size and my myopic vision I wasn't totally certain about it but I believe was something like DRGM, the back has a double pin similar to that which one would have on a cap badge. To my friend it is of great sentimental value as it was the only interesting thing he found when renovating his house and so he is reluctant to let me have custody of it but I wonder if any forum members have any idea as to its exact status.

Thanking you in advance,

Paul