News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kursk Submarine Badges display

bmsm

A few years ago I put together a small Riker mount of unofficial Kursk Submarine items. The Submarine Kursk was sunk in 108 meters of water in the Barents Sea on August 12, 2000. All 118 hands were lost. Wikipedia has a detailed account of what happened to the submarine and why it sank.

I liked the badges and most are quite well done so enjoy the pictures.

The first picture is the display case with the glass cover removed to reduce glare.

Bob

Edited by bmsm

The badge on the top is a Submarine Kursk Commemorative Badge.

The badge on the bottom is another Submarine Kursk Commemorative Badge.

Bob

Edited by bmsm

The badge on the top is a commemorative to the Russian and Norwegian Divers who attempted rescue.

The badge on the bottom is a commemorative to the Russian and Norwegian Divers who attempted rescue and salvage of the vessel.

Bob

Edited by bmsm

• 1 year later...
    • 2 weeks later...

I have a Kursk commemorative badge (the cross). Anybody knows how rare it is and how much it could be worth?

As attractive as they are, these are unfortunately quite unofficial items and are mass produced for the collector market. There is a huge market in Russia for anything "naval".

The badge is readily available on the Russian market and on Ebay at prices ranging from $12 to $25.

• 1 month later...