News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Here are some pics of first - EK1

No marks other than 900

And it is 3 piece and it is magnetic

Any ideas on time of make etc....

Here is the backside - non vaulted - very flat and right dimensions and weight

Well I thought so on the 1st class - being painted - being too new (I have handled enough old stuff to sniff out age!) plus I got it for basically a copy price! (If it had been real I would have been quite excited but was pretty sure it was not when I got it)

What quick ways do you use to determine?

I have looked at a number of supposedly reputable dealers 1870 ek1's and I have to say a lot of them look awfully questionable for 1000 to 2000 dollars!

Here are more pics of the EK2 - which when you have both in yours hands is everything the EK1 is not!

Definately blackened not painted and looks very very type A - no ninth bead etc. - it feels 140 years old

Well I thought so on the 1st class - being painted - being too new (I have handled enough old stuff to sniff out age!) plus I got it for basically a copy price! (If it had been real I would have been quite excited but was pretty sure it was not when I got it)

What quick ways do you use to determine?

I have looked at a number of supposedly reputable dealers 1870 ek1's and I have to say a lot of them look awfully questionable for 1000 to 2000 dollars!

Here are more pics of the EK2 - which when you have both in yours hands is everything the EK1 is not!

Definately blackened not painted and looks very very type A - no ninth bead etc. - it feels 140 years old

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2010/post-9034-127280948376.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_05_2010/post-9034-127280948376.jpg

Last pic

Hope these give enough details!

Thanks

I compared it to all the ek2 pics of confirmed good and looks like a type A - of course do not have another one to check the feel but there is no way to fake the feel of a period item!

At least my experience with other items