News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Meritorious Referee RPR

Found this the other day... an early badge for Meritorious Referee, RPR. I'm a sucker for a red star, and the price was right, so I got it. Upon receiving it I noticed that there is no star in the coat of arms, placing it between 1948 and 1952. It is also a screw-backed badge whereas most Romanian badges are pin backed. A nice example of an early RPR badge.

post-7004-056113500 1286325266_thumb.jpg

post-7004-035961100 1286325312_thumb.jpg

Hi Jeff Greg, nice looking item. :jumping:

whats the text read as its hard to make out in the shadow.

The screw on the rears appears to have been very roughly finished / cut down

as you can see the saw teeth serrations and where it was broken off.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hey Kevin,

Who's Jeff?

The text on the star itself reads "Pentru Emerit", while the text below the star (on the tricolour banner) reads "RPR"... although not very clearly (looks like "RRR")- and this is manufactural- not age. Yep, the screw post has been cut down. This is not that unusual, even in Soviet awards. Must be uncomfortable having something jabbing you constantly.

Edited by Greg Collins

Hey Kevin,

Who's Jeff?

The text on the star itself reads "Pentru Emerit", while the text below the star (on the tricolour banner) reads "RPR"... although not very clearly (looks like "RRR")- and this is manufactural- not age. Yep, the screw post has been cut down. This is not that unusual, even in Soviet awards. Must be uncomfortable having something jabbing you constantly.

Oppps, sorry Greg,

must cut back on the pain-killers didnt even realize I typed Jeff instead of Greg :blush:

Kevin in Deva. :beer: