News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

There is a post on the Lounge congratulating the Authorities in the US for the conclusion of the terror attack.

However, since this is specifically the GMIC's Police Forum, I think it appropriate that we also congratulate our

Colleagues involved in this dreadful series of attacks. Particularly - in my view - the Boston Police acted bravely

and professionally. I saw they were supported by the State Police - so really all authorities must have been

involved.

Our deepest sympathies to the families of the Brave Men who sacrificed their lives to defend the public. We, of all

people, know how quickly these incidents happen.

The agencies that I know of that were involved included the Boston & Watertown Police from directly involved communities.

From the Commonwealth (State) level - the State Police and Metropolitan Boston Transit Authority Police.

Federal agencies were the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives plus the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

I am sure that other municipalities were also involved reinforcing those mentioned.

I heard mention of New Hampshire State Police involvement as well.

Massachusetts National Guard Troops and equipment were also involved.

I suspect this listing is not exhaustive and more forces were also used.

The police presence in Boston and surrounding communities was amazing.

There was investigative work going on (including detentions) as far away as New Bedford (South Coast Massachusetts) in the vicinity of my town - one of the suspects (the survivor) was a student at the State University near-by.

Edited by W McSwiggan