News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

First says at the top "Together with our company tailor", followed by "1 May 1941, your brother Robert". Below that is "Photographed by _______ Herbert Klein, Frankenroda in Eisenach."

Second also says at the top "Together with our company tailor", followed by a name which looks like Rudolf Kummell. Below that is "My little ____ ______ in war year 1942, Robert."

Last says "Roberts Geburtstagsfeier", or Robert's birthday party.

[Dave,

Many thanks for your help

Paul

quote name='Dave Danner' date='Feb 21 2006, 22:19 ' post='58701']

First says at the top "Together with our company tailor", followed by "1 May 1941, your brother Robert". Below that is "Photographed by _______ Herbert Klein, Frankenroda in Eisenach."

Second also says at the top "Together with our company tailor", followed by a name which looks like Rudolf Kummell. Below that is "My little ____ ______ in war year 1942, Robert."

Last says "Roberts Geburtstagsfeier", or Robert's birthday party.

The first photo is more likely "Albert Stein", not Herbert Klein. Compare the "A" in "aufgenommen". And I believe it says "Aufgenommen vom Quartierherr". Not sure what that is, sort of maybe a barracks boss?

Second looks like "Meiner kleinen treuen Irmtraut", I believe that Irmtraut could be a womans name.

Hope that helped a bit,

Hank

Edited by hankmeister