News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

...but seriously, most imperial era neutrality armbands are marked with unit ink stamps. WWI era armbands were constructed in many different ways. The width of the band, size of the cross and materials were rarely the same in any two examples. I say this based on period photos and my own collection.

Chip

Edited by Chip

...but seriously, most imperial era neutrality armbands are marked with unit ink stamps. WWI era armbands were constructed in many different ways. The width of the band, size of the cross and materials were rarely the same in any two examples. I say this based on period photos and my own collection.

Chip

That's all I have to go on too, Chip. Different sizes of the crosses is very prevalent in photos but I need an authentic one for my medic's shelf display and I need to know what to look for. I have no idea if they were marked and/or with what. I'm constantly checking my reliable sources for one to come available but so far I seen none. What would a WWI unit marked armband go far? Any idea?

Difficult

It looks from period pics they made em out of anything the cross varies so much. I looked up a bit of history of why a Henry Dunant saw 45,000 dead dying and wounded abandoned at Solferino 1859, I can't begin to imagine the horror.

Eric

These armbands are not that easy to find. Personally, I wouldn't buy one unless it had and imperial era unit stamp. I only have one extra example at the moment, but the circumference is small, so I imagine it was worn by a female nurse. Price-wise, I think you are looking at $100-$200 depending on how clear the unit mark is.

Chip

Thanks Chip

Reminds me of the one that was/is on display at the Imperial War Museum London, Ed I used to love this stuff too but its long gone now we can't collect everything.

Eric

What I can't buy, I steal!!!!!! Keep that MG bayonet under lock and key!!!!

Edited by E Williams

Moved them here where they belong..................Acquired this one today, what can be said about the stamp? I think I know but I'm not the expert.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2013/post-16240-0-45465000-1385084918.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2013/post-16240-0-18532300-1385084922.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2013/post-16240-0-51116300-1385084923.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2013/post-16240-0-82510700-1385084924.jpg

Edited by E Williams

I have this one too. This is for volunteer medical aides. These are the guys that transport and attended the wounded once they are removed from the field first aid stations. They are not in the military.

Chip

I have this one too. This is for volunteer medical aides. These are the guys that transport and attended the wounded once they are removed from the field first aid stations. They are not in the military.

Chip

That is what I was thinking....at least it's authentic.

Thanks

Ed

Edited by E Williams

Nice Ed

Not in the military! Its a War a World War everyones in...... cough!!! splutter!!! cough!!!... I do beg your pardon Gents.

Eric

I'm on good terms with the local police and when it arrives, I'm taking it to the crime lab and see what those stains are......catch my drift???

(OK!!!!!! who's playing with the on/off smilie control again)

(OK!!!!!! who's playing with the on/off smilie control again)

I haven't been able to use the emoticons or anything else on the tool bar for months. I tried to figure out how to turn it back on to no avail. :(

Chip