News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lancashire Fusiliers tunic

• 2 weeks later...

I just acquired this Lancashire Fusiliers officers tunic. It has Queen Victoria's crown on the buttons. I'm curious what model tunic this is?

Thank you,

Paul

This pattern was first introduced in 1881, when the coloured facings of 'non-Royal' infantry regiments were changed to 'white' and 'Royal' regiments adopted dark blue. Exceptions being non-Royal Irish Regiments who adopted 'green' facings and non-Royal Scots who adopted 'yellow'. By 1900 old facings colours were being re-adopted, but believe the Lancashire Fusiliers continued to wear the new white facings in preference to their old 'yellow' facings up until 1914. It's interesting to note that the collar badges on your uniform are the plain gold bullion grenades, but have no metal centre device on the ball of the grenade which would identify them as Lancashire Fusiliers.

I collect to the Northumberland Fusiliers and my uniform collection can be found here;-

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php/topic/25563-the-royal-northumberland-fusiliers-moderators-choice/page-14