News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

14th Regiment New York State Militia

I have in my collection this set of ribbons, badges and a medal. The badges and medal are for the 14th regiment New York state Militia with the slogan "Baptized by Fire".

The only ribbon I can identify is the WW1 victory bottom left with an original Studley made ribbon below. I'm assuming the medal and cloth badges are recent issue and have an "Amcraft" made metal version of the blue left hand patch. Pistol marksman is clutch back D22 with SMG Marksman pin with no maker mark.

I have no idea what the ribbons were issued for, maybe National Guard or Militia? Medal has no maker mark and is on a crimp suspender.

P3060039.JPG

Edited by muckaroon1960

Unfortunately, the bottom left ribbon is not a WWI Victory Medal ribbon bar. This is the WWI Victory Medal:

WWI Victory_France Clasp_obv.jpg

Note that the ribbon in your group has two white stripes. (The WW2 Victory Medal ribbon has two white stripes, but this is not that ribbon either.)  According to this website on US State National Guard ribbons, your ribbon is an obsolete Service Medal. (See chart below; bottom left ribbon.)  It gives no other information, but given the similarity it could be related to WWI service (although the NY State medal for WWI has a blue/white ribbon).

Many of the other ribbons appear on the NY pages.  You can find the 14th Inf. Regt. medal for example. However, the blue ribbon with 5 yellow center stripes (second row from top, second ribbon from right) is a California Federal Service ribbon. (See second chart; bottom row, second from left.) I suspect they are not all from NY.  Actually, the ribbon (second row from top, first from right) looks like a ROTC ribbon from somewhere in my memory. [Yep, Reserve Officer Association award for ROTC. See below.]

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

RESERVE OFFICER ASSN.png

Edited by IrishGunner
    Added ROA ROTC Medal

Irish Gunner, thanks for the info much appreciated. You are correct that the ribbon isn't WW1 victory, my mistake. It is very similar to the Pennsylvania National Guard WW1 medal but the centre red stripe is thinner on this ribbon. And it looks like one of my ribbons is upside down ROA ROTC. Thanks.:cheers: