News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Clasps on WW2-Stars original?

Gentlemen,

I am a collector from Germany and new to this great forum.

While I mainly collect German medals (mostly Imperial and WW1), I meanwhile also have a small collection of British WW2-Stars. While I usually buy them when on holiday in the UK, I have two stars in my collection (the Atlantic- and the Pacific-Star, see pictures below) which I bought on the Internet in a German forum. They came with one clasp each: 'France and Germany' with the Atlantic-Star and 'Burma' with the Pacific-Star. While I am quite sure that the stars themselves and their ribbons are original, I am not sure whether the clasps are. I would therefore like to ask your opinion whether these clasps are original or not. What do you think?

Your expert help is highly appreciated.

Many thanks

Martin

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Hello Mike and Brett,

thank you very much for your opinions - that is good news for me. I wasn't sure whether they are original, because I had read that those clasps are often forged.

Best regards

Martin