News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ebay dealer fails at his history....

This ebay dealer really got his history a "little bit" wrong. I know...what else is new with ebay dealers?

http://cgi.ebay.com/deluxe-08-THE-BLUE-MAX...1QQcmdZViewItem

He's offering what he cals a "Schmuckheft" or special movie promotional book with all sorts of p.r. goodies in it. This one is for "The Blue Max" with George Peppard.

Part way down the page, he states (sorry for the all caps, but this was cut and pasted and he had it in all caps):

ADDITIONAL TO ALL THE "COMMON" SCHMUCKHEFT FEATURES, HERE YOU CAN FIND PICTURES OF THE TRUE LIFE WORLD WAR I HEROES MANFRED VON RICHTHOFEN ("DER ROTE BARON") AND THE BELGIAN THEO OSTERKAMP, WHO SHOT HIM DOWN, AS WELL AS LOTS OF GREAT DOGFIGHT IMAGES AND A PICTORIAL SPECIAL ON WW I DECORATIONS.

Gotta love it. I guess he doesn't know that Osterkamp didn't shoot down Richtofen, nor was Theo Osterkamp a Belgian....otherwise the Kaiser would never have awarded him with the Pour le Merite.

Fractured history...got to love it. java script:emoticon(':shame:', 'smid_22')

:shame:

Les

Guest Rick Research

Was that Theo Osterkamp the astronaut who lived with I Dream of Jeanie? Oooooooooooooooo.

Pie? Did somebody mention pie? I like pie!

:beer:

Sure A "Blue Mac's & Osterkamp Burger", now on special offer at McWonalds, Womania, for 99. euro chents, applicants must be over 99 years old to avail of this special offer and acompanied by at least one parent or a note from a Grandparent in ancient Dachian script.

To avoid the rush, please get in line the night before, thank you fwum Wonald M. :P

Kevin in Deva, :cheers: