News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gauamtsleiter Adolf Kunstmann

I am seeking information and records on an NSDAP political leader, Adolf Kunstmann. Kunstmann carried the rank of Gauberiechsleiter and the position of Gauamtsleiter in Nuremburg. He wsa a veteran of WW I and a recipient of an Adolf Hitler Gold Party Badge on 30 January, 1943. Any information on his decorations and military/political career would be appreciated.

Edited by Bob Coleman

Guest Rick Research

He's not in the 1935 "Wer Ist's?" or Stockhorst's "5000 K?pfe."

I can't find anything that might match. Just the name in this case isn't enough without knowing his wartime rank, birthdate and so on.

He's not in the 1935 "Wer Ist's?" or Stockhorst's "5000 K?pfe."

I can't find anything that might match. Just the name in this case isn't enough without knowing his wartime rank, birthdate and so on.

Thanks Rick. I have also been unable to find anything on him in the directories of political officials.. He was listed on a list of recipients of the AH GPB. Prior to that, I only knew his last name, as it was in the top of his visor cap. Possibly some one out there might have further information on this man. Danke! :beer:

Guest Rick Research

It's an odd name but I suspect he falls through the cracks of being just UNDER the usual "golden pheasant" big boss line. There WERE a couple of Bavarians named Kunstmann, so he might have been of the officer class, but WW1 Leutnants der Reserve are virtually unfindable without further clues.

It's an odd name but I suspect he falls through the cracks of being just UNDER the usual "golden pheasant" big boss line. There WERE a couple of Bavarians named Kunstmann, so he might have been of the officer class, but WW1 Leutnants der Reserve are virtually unfindable without further clues.

Rick-

One of his decorations is a Bavarian piece. I forget which one but I believe it is the military merit cross with swords. He also has several 3rd Reich awards. There is a photo of one of the tunics in the political section dealing with a current thread on the stud backed AH GPB.