News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

OPINIONS NEEDED ON MY GERMAN BELT BUCKLES WW2

Hallo Gentlemen :beer:

I thought I had only one buckle but when I looked on the bottom shelf of my medal cabinet I discovered I had in fact 3!!! :D

I will post here for your opinions.

No 1: Hitler Jugend, tarnished chrome, and missing the belt catch-thingy, maker mark: M/4/27 and RZM in circle.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hallo Gentlemen :beer:

I thought I had only one buckle but when I looked on the bottom shelf of my medal cabinet I discovered I had in fact 3!!! :D

I will post here for your opinions.

No 1: Hitler Jugend, tarnished chrome, and missing the belt catch-thingy, maker mark: M/4/27 and RZM in circle.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Number 2: GERMAN ARMY, Aluminiam, Very good condition,

Maker Marked under prong Bar: II Gothic Intials G or F, & ?? hard to tell, remains of dark green paint.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

And this one is a totaly faked item, that came from the U.S.S.R. I call it the "DRUMSTICK" Buckle, just look at those legs, and a small head, the bird is to low in the design and the centre swastika off centre, the rear is a mess, moulded in RZM and maker marks, the hoop for the catch is polished steel and fixes into pre-drilled mounts, and there is a blank square area, maybe for that all important dedication from Adolf :P

I am showing it just to warn new collectors of what is out there.

Kevin in Deva, :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

And this one is a totaly faked item, that came from the U.S.S.R. I call it the "DRUMSTICK" Buckle, just look at those legs, and a small head, the bird is to low in the design and the centre swastika off centre, the rear is a mess, moulded in RZM and maker marks, the hoop for the catch is polished steel and fixes into pre-drilled mounts, and there is a blank square area, maybe for that all important dedication from Adolf :P

I am showing it just to warn new collectors of what is out there.

Close up of maker marks and polished steel pin.

Kevin in Deva, :beer:

Nice buckles. Your Hitler Youth buckle was manufactured in Ludenscheid by a very prominent buckle maker:

Overhoff Company. Looks like this buckle is an early one by the looks of the stampings on the back.

Your pebbled Heer buckle is also a nice specimen with still a lot of paint left to it (especially on the back). The maker is a harder to find manufacturer called Gebruder Gloerfeld, also of Ludenscheid. Their RZM code was M4/77.

Now the bad news...I'm glad you have doubts on the RODO buckle because it is unfortunately a reproduction. The colour isn't right and the belt catch a big giveaway. The bend is correct but the material used isn't right....sorry 'bout that.

You are bang on the money with the SA reproduction. These are ALWAYS marked M4/24 and you can tell again by the belt catch and poor detail that it is a repro.

The ground dug buckle you found is in pretty decent shape considering it spent many years buried!

Thanks for showing your buckles.....

Cheers!

Rob