News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Various repro badges for reference

Hello gentlemen,

I thought it would be a good idea to post a few of my repros for the aid of fellow newcomers to the hobby. It is good to see some known repros for comparison values and what to look for in a fake. I didn't pay more than $10 for any of these so they are legit repros, and not fakes meant to fool someone. Nice placeholders for awards that I will NEVER be able to acquire though, so they do serve a purpose. If I have mistaken one that is original please let me know, but I am 99.9% sure they are all repros.

First one is the Deutsche Motorabzeichen badge. This one is a cast copy, but a neat design and a rare badge if you can find an original.

Cheers,

Pat

Here is the reverse of the motorabzeichen. The pin is clearly not period and the pitted finish gives it away as a repro. It looks like it could be from the 60's or 70's when these were popular with bikers.

Cheers,

Pat

Here is a repro Gau Baden badge made by the English chap whos name escapes me (please help if you know him), but his initials are engraved on the back as a spoof of the BSW logo to show it is a repro. I have quite a few of these "BSW" made copies, and they all are of higher end badges. A nice placeholder.

Cheers,

Pat

Last one for now, the infamous 20 Juli 1944 Adolf Hitler wound badge. This one is peculiarly marked with an RZM marking and the 800 silver marking. A nice repro of a badge none of us will probably ever own with an almost authentic looking silver finish, so this is the sole good reason for copies. I think someone would think twice before paying $50,000 for this one! :speechless:

Cheers,

Pat

Guest WAR LORD

may be this is something the forum could do. A gallery of fakes, this could be done by country. A reference we all could work on. But only avalble to registered members.

Good idea Chris, I see Nick the Chairman took the idea and made a German fakes section for members. I was wondering if Nick or another moderator can move this thread to that new forum as it belongs there now. Cheers,

Pat