News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

My folk got out of there as soon as it was safe to be seen in public on the streets without being denounced and didn't go back for 220 years.

Oddly enough, despite some close calls in New Haven, the only ones of mine ever actually EXECUTED for that sort of thing were hanged in Hartford...

more than 40 years BEFORE Salem.

Guest Rick Research

No-- we squeaked out of THAT one. :unsure:

Kept a very low profile and moved out of Dear Old Salem as soon as possible. The builder of this house 5 minutes from me was a Wee Lad in Salem during The Troubles. Brother of my ancestor and of their sister who was the Jerome Ur-Mother of Sir Winston Churchill:

[attachmentid=54310]

Oddly enough, the Home Folks picked up and split off to this town where...

the same transplanted Salem folk who had killed and perjured each other settled down all together again.

Happily enough. Quite a few of my cousins intermarried with the Salem Putnams, but none of them for me. MY lot got as far away as they could in Connecticut without landing in Noo Yawk.

My genetic involvement with the Dark Arts/purported, non-Salem is extensive.

In addition to the His 'N Hers Necktie Partied Carringtons (and that was more about drinking with Indians--surely better company than their murderously litigative neighbors-- and a dubious real estate tranaction)after being convicted of "familiarity with Sathan, the Greate Enemie of God and mankind"--

My Hitchcocks were involved in what I believe was the only MARITIME case of witchcraft prosecution, ratting out a big mouthed sailor named Brown. They were all smuggling, as far as I can tell (and possibly a little over-eager to derail questions along the lines of "and what WERE you doing out in Long Island Sound at night?"), but the ancestor and his brothers were literally boys. My multiple ancestral Lamberton sisters got all teenaged-rhymes-with-witch denouncing a crabby old nudist lady rooming in their house in New Haven. Their un-widowed mom, my ancestor as well, by this second marriage along some generations produced Charles Goodyear and hence vulcanized rubber and traffic jams as well as the namesake blimp. (You're welcome you're welcome. However, be it known that NO member of my family had ANYTHING to do with telephone "hold" muzak!!!!)

1692 spooked a lot of the Connecticut folk, and my ancestor Ebenezer Clark was among a gaggle of intra-familial denouncers dragging in Mosses, Merrimans, and Iveses against cousins by marriage Ma and Daughter Benham. My ancestor Old John Moss was a Repeat Customer, having denounced a neighbor as far back as 1655 for having a dog "doing it" with a pig. Another ancestor, John Thompson, testified FOR "witch" Mary Staples--which is fortunate since she eventually resulted in Sir Winston Churchill (as did no less than six sets of my own Connecticut ancestors). Another "pro-defendant" ancestor, Lt John Stedman, was on a jury which stibbornly refused (over and over and over again) to convict a "witch" named Elizabeth Seager

on which jury a more sanguinary member had previously voted to hang my said Carringtons and whose posterity produuced this really hot girl I went to high school with but

that's another story entirely and simply illustrates that the past is never dead nor indeed "over."

And why you should be very very careful of what memory of you all will live on in Publique Recordes 3 centuries and more hence. :o:shame:

And also why Yankees to this day are lawsuit fanatics. :speechless1:

And what did I get out of all this occult ancestry? Why, only the ability to magically detect owners of medal bars and ribbon bars and anonymous photo wearers of same.

Buwahahahahahahahahaa. :rolleyes:

Hello Rick,

I find that witch stuff real interesting. Those darn pigs and dogs will get you every time. I found a list of those who danced with the devil before Salem. It has the Carringtons listed and a few witches were hanged at sea. :wacky:

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carls...chtrial/na.html

barry

Edited by Bear