News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Turkistan Volunteers to Waffen-SS cloth patch

Hello everyone,

Here is a nice unused but original cloth arm patch for what I think is the Turkistan volunteers to the Waffen-SS. I am not sure if this is the same Tukistan Legion that surrendered to the British in Italy in 1944, it was probably issued to someone who volunteered late and by the time he did it was over for his Legion. I have seen a variation of this patch with the words "Biz Alla Bilen." on it instead of the "Tanri Biz Menen!" on my example. Perhaps one was for volunteers to the regular German Army, and one for the volunteers to the Waffen-SS, as I was told mine was for. It does not glow at all under black light and comes from a respectable dealer, so I don't have too many worries of its authenticity, but any confirmation is always a nice feeling. It came with a cockade in the light blue of Turkistan which is highly magnetic and in unused condition. This set could have been leftover unissued stock as well. If anyone has more info on this type of foreign volunteer patch please help out, as I could use it on this fairly obscure item.

Cheers,

Pat

Hello,

After some serious searching I am able to positively ID it as the patch for the Turkistan volunteers of the Waffen-SS, and it matches other period examples in the colour and make. I think there must have been some surplus left over as I have seen a few in the same shape as mine. Any background on this unit is helpful and if anyone has an example please show and any comments on mine are great.

Cheers,

Pat