News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1st Class Bar

My Grandfather picked this up a few years back in Canada in a odds and sods basket for $3.

It all looks good to me, apart from the number 9?

Id be most gratefull for peoples views if this is indeed an original or a copy please.

Makers mark is L/13 which i beleive to be from Berlin.

Many thanks

Steve.

Hello

From what I can see in the pictures, I think the bar is ok. However, could you please post a full on, clear shot of the front please.

L/13 is the mark for Paul Meybauer, Junkerstrasse 19, Berlin SW68. I have to say that my initial reaction to the reverse set up was that this should be a B H Mayer piece, so some clear full on shots will really help, but from what I can make out the front looks like what I would expect on a Paul Meybauer piece.

Thanks.

Edited by DavidM

Hello

In my opinion I believe that this bar is ok. :beer: There are two or three known rear set ups for this maker. the more commonly encountered rear set up is akin in appearance to the early ist pattern bars, but this maker is also encountered with a needle pin and a rear set up like yours. The front has the characteristics for a bar produced by Paul Meybauer.

So yes, in my opinion I believe this to be an original wartime piece. :cheers:

Edited by DavidM

Hello

No problem, you are welcome. I was rather hoping some of the experts would chime in on this thread with their views as well. After all, I'm only one person and one view.

Many thanks for sharing that good news with me mark.

But why does everyone keep calling me Mark ? :speechless:

• 2 months later...