News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Two 120mm Russian Civil War - Red Army figures

lazyschnauzer

Герой витка = Hero of the Revolution

These figures are both WIP, not quite finished. I believe I'll need another weekend to finish the sculpting. They will both be painted by Roger Newsome, a very gifted painter from Yorkshire. The train guard will be for sale and the other figure is a commission.

Both are based on illustrations by Andrei Karachtchouk in the Osprey book on the Russian Civil War - Red Army.

The first is a train guard on Trotsky's Armored Train. His uniform consists of red leather coat and trousers, red budenka cap and black boots. He will be armed with a Mosin-Nagant, two grenades and a pistol.

[attachmentid=63561]

The next is a 1919 Soviet infantryman in a budenka, a long grey overcoat with strange flap buttons, long fold-down cuffs, and a huge collar. He is armed with a Mosin-Nagant. The pose is at the request of the customer. He asked that the infantryman be posed in a shell hole, surrounded by ice and snow (that will be added later by Roger). He's been shot to death and his corpse has fallen sideways and become partly embedded in the mud. Gruesome!

[attachmentid=63560]

More pics on my blog at http://heroesonthewire.blogspot.com/.

All the best,

Dan