News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

German Naval Cartridge Cases

Chip

I recently received a pair of German 6cm brass cartridge cases, which have naval markings and primers. They are dated 1917 and the only reference I have found on them is in "Notes on German Shells", which describes the 6cm naval H.E. shell as being used for close quarter combat against personnel and tanks. I would like to find some additional information on this gun and perhaps a drawing or photo. Anyone have access to information on this gun?

Thanks,

Chip

I recently received a pair of German 6cm brass cartridge cases, which have naval markings and primers. They are dated 1917 and the only reference I have found on them is in "Notes on German Shells", which describes the 6cm naval H.E. shell as being used for close quarter combat against personnel and tanks. I would like to find some additional information on this gun and perhaps a drawing or photo. Anyone have access to information on this gun?

Thanks,

Chip

Hi Chip

Could you please post pictures and exact measurements?

Kjell

Kjell,

Thanks for your reply. I think we have discussed other cartridge cases in the past. Do you have any addtional information about these cases? I don't own a caliper, but the inside diameter at the top of the case is 62mm. The diameter of the base is 75mm, diameter of the primer 33mm and the height is 63mm. The cases are both marked Patronenfabrik Karlsruhe, III 1917, 121 and navy crowned M. The primers are undated and just marked C/12. I will take some pictures first chance I get.

Chip

Kjell,

Thanks for your reply. I think we have discussed other cartridge cases in the past. Do you have any addtional information about these cases? I don't own a caliper, but the inside diameter at the top of the case is 62mm. The diameter of the base is 75mm, diameter of the primer 33mm and the height is 63mm. The cases are both marked Patronenfabrik Karlsruhe, III 1917, 121 and navy crowned M. The primers are undated and just marked C/12. I will take some pictures first chance I get.

Chip

Hi Chip

I may have some information, but It would be best to see some pictures first.

Kjell

Kjell,

Here is a photo of the two cases.

Chip

Hi Chip

Sorry, I thought I knew this, but no. My field of ammunition collecting is up to 20 mm, but I have several friend?who is collecting artillery ammunition, so I will check whit them and get back to you.

Kjell