News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Turkish weapons

Theodor

"Turkish militaria" is said in the title, so lets have a look at somedifferent Turkish things - the weapons. Here is one typical 1860-1870 Turkish army gun - Snyder. These were originally front-filling weapons, but the British military made a contest for their conversion - it was won by the American constructor Jacob Snyder. From a front-filling percussion guns, these were converted to back-loading one bullet guns. The hammer mechanism remained, it would hit a long pin that ignites the cartridge powder. So, here is mine:

sn1zl0.jpg

And the sight markings are Turkish, too, as they must be :cheers:

Teddy :D you are a bad boy, get some oil onto the rifle and get rid of the rust :shame: as an old soldier it makes me sad / mad to see rust on a rifle barrel. If you need some tips on cleaning I will be glad to email you.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Teddy :D you are a bad boy, get some oil onto the rifle and get rid of the rust :shame: as an old soldier it makes me sad / mad to see rust on a rifle barrel. If you need some tips on cleaning I will be glad to email you.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Hey Kev this is a new recruit - from now on the poor thing will be disassembled, oiled, the rust cleaned, the stock soaked with linen oil... Won't leave it like that! :cheers: