News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Brazil Order of the Rose

Hello Gentlemen

Over the past few years every now and then I'd see a Rose come up for sale & for the life of me could never distinguish the difference between a Oficial ( Officer ) & Cavaleiro ( Knight ). Always had crown & a good many were issued in both classes. Can any member please shed some light. :anmatcat: Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Yankee,

I?m sorry for the delay - but I just forgot to do a proper research on my books :banger:

Well, after some reading, I think that the "Oficial" insignia comes without the crown (both medal and breast badge) while the "Cavaleiro" comes with the crown but was used without the breast badge.

Maybe someone else can add something...

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Hello Gentlemen

Over the past few years every now and then I'd see a Rose come up for sale & for the life of me could never distinguish the difference between a Oficial ( Officer ) & Cavaleiro ( Knight ). Always had crown & a good many were issued in both classes. Can any member please shed some light. :anmatcat: Thanks

Edited by ricky1972

Hi Ricardo

That would make sence, since one sees mostly knights since they were more awarded. Now I wonder if the same rule applies for the Southern Cross. Take a look at Morton&Eden part 3, there is a nice selection of Brazilain material :jumping: .

Sincerely

Yankee