News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Is this a "tinnie" . . . if not, what is it?

I have had this badge for some time, now, though I am at a loss to know precisely what it is and how to classify it. The badge is stamped from thin metal, of a dark colour, though there could be traces of gilding on the flag. It is 45mm wide and has a rudimentary brooch pin fastening . It looks to be of German origin and it came to me as a badge manufactured by the Germans for Royal Marines prisoners of war.

Has anyone come across this sort of thing before - does anyone have information that would confirm this background story or is it just another of those fables?

As usual, any information will be appreciated,

Brian

It looks to be of German origin and it came to me as a badge manufactured by the Germans for Royal Marines prisoners of war.

Brian

Brian, :beer:

how about a badge made and sold to British Forces on occupation duty in Germany post WW1??

Kevin in Deva. :cheers: