News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Militaria in Slovakia?

I wasn't quite sure where to post this one... I am trying to find a few sources of militaria while I am in Bratislava. I have been here for a week and have two to go. Does anybody know of a local bazar/flea market/numismatic club for Slovak militaria? Thanks!

• 1 year later...

what exactly are U looking for? maybe I can help...

I am looking primarily for ribbon bars that have both German/Slovak awards and the National Uprising Medal 2nd class, cased. I have the 1st class cased and several of the third class medals, but stupidly passed on a cased 2nd as i had hoped to find it in Bratislava.

pmargulies: that ribbon bars will be harder to get... there are at this time too many collectors of slovak WWII militaria... :(

you mean order of Slovak national uprising II.class? cased... i know only about medals, without case.. but if I will see some, will let you know...

pmargulies: that ribbon bars will be harder to get... there are at this time too many collectors of slovak WWII militaria... :(

you mean order of Slovak national uprising II.class? cased... i know only about medals, without case.. but if I will see some, will let you know...

Iver - Yes, I am looking for the Slovak National Uprising II cased...I've seen a few uncased examples before. Definately let me know if you find a cased example.

I've only seen a few ribbon bars on the internet before.

Do you know how many of the Slovak National Uprising 1st class medals were issued? Is it hard to find/rare?

• 2 weeks later...

pmargulies: There were 1.236 awards of Order of Slovak National Uprising I. class (R?d SNP I. triedy). But they thought, there will be only 1.000 awards, and only so many were made in Kremnica mint. So the other (236 pieces) were "made of II. class of this order" - one "I" on medal was removed and medals were gild.That was official (legal) made in mint only in case of Order of Slovak National Uprising I. class with number above 1.000....

I have never seen a cased II. class, but have asked a few friends, we will see... there were 6.586 awards of II. class - of them 130 to french citizens, 225 soviet, 84 bulgarian, 31 american, 5 romanian, 5 yugoslavian and 16 polish citizens...

III. class of this order was awarded 31.356 times...

pmargulies: There were 1.236 awards of Order of Slovak National Uprising I. class (R?d SNP I. triedy). But they thought, there will be only 1.000 awards, and only so many were made in Kremnica mint. So the other (236 pieces) were "made of II. class of this order" - one "I" on medal was removed and medals were gild.That was official (legal) made in mint only in case of Order of Slovak National Uprising I. class with number above 1.000....

I have never seen a cased II. class, but have asked a few friends, we will see... there were 6.586 awards of II. class - of them 130 to french citizens, 225 soviet, 84 bulgarian, 31 american, 5 romanian, 5 yugoslavian and 16 polish citizens...

III. class of this order was awarded 31.356 times...

Iver - very good information. My 1st class is number 865...I will post pics once I remember how to downsize them - I haven't posted pics in a long time. I found it in a little shop in Vienna while I was working in Bratislava and got it for about 130 Euro when the Euro/Dollar exchange was still somewhat decent. I found the boxed 2nd class online at VicMart. I was hoping to find one in Bratislava and then the one online was sold - I was very bummed. Anyway, I'll try and get the pic posted.

• 1 month later...