News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Australian Medal Group

Here is a nice little combo to a Private in 1RAR. The medals themselves are nothing unique at the moment, but it is the addtion of the Australian Unit Citation for Gallantry and the US Army MUC that makes this group a bit different. This individual is also wearing the sniper qualification badge and, not pictured, black on green para wings, though as he is a member of 1RAR I'm not exactly sure what his status is. 1RAR is an infantry regiment, not SF. He has obviouly seen some action in the frontline as indicated by the Infantry Combat Badge (ICB) above his medals. It is a decoration awarded for 90 days in an operational area as part of the infantry corp, it is not simply a badge for turning up.

Regards;

Johnsy

• 10 months later...

Hi,

Are you sure he is with the 1RAR ?

Isn't the blue service lanyard worn by the Royal Queensland Regiment ?

At least it was when I was in 9RQR. Or is it worn by all Australian Infantry Regiments ?

Greg.

This digger was involved in the bearer party for the return of one of the Vietnam era MIA's. Notes that the citations are worn in the incorrect order, the Australian Unit Citation for Gallantry should take precedence over the US one.

This digger was involved in the bearer party for the return of one of the Vietnam era MIA's. Notes that the citations are worn in the incorrect order, the Australian Unit Citation for Gallantry should take precedence over the US one.

The Australian Unit Citation for Gallantry is closest to his heart, i.e. left hand side, therefore correct precedence has been maintained.

Regards,

Johnsy

The Australian Unit Citation for Gallantry is closest to his heart, i.e. left hand side, therefore correct precedence has been maintained.

Regards,

Johnsy

Johnsy, Army Standing Orders of Dress show that the Australian citations should be worn closest to the right shoulder in order of precedence, so that when facing the wearer they are the senior award, followed by the foreign citations in order of their date awarded.

Regards

Sean.

Johnsy, Army Standing Orders of Dress show that the Australian citations should be worn closest to the right shoulder in order of precedence, so that when facing the wearer they are the senior award, followed by the foreign citations in order of their date awarded.

Regards

Sean.

I stand corrected as I just checked ASOD, from ASOD:

"The order of precedence for emblems of Australian citations is Unit Citation for Gallantry then

Meritorious Unit Citation. Foreign awards are worn after Australian awards and are worn in the order of

the date awarded except that if two or more awards by one nation are worn, awards are placed in the

order of precedence determined by that nation."

F##ckig pongos always make it difficult. Navy wears theirs below their medals.

Regards,

Johnsy

Edit: I hope the RSM gave him a kick in the 'arris.

Edited by Tiger-pie

I stand corrected as I just checked ASOD, from ASOD:

"The order of precedence for emblems of Australian citations is Unit Citation for Gallantry then

Meritorious Unit Citation. Foreign awards are worn after Australian awards and are worn in the order of

the date awarded except that if two or more awards by one nation are worn, awards are placed in the

order of precedence determined by that nation."

F##ckig pongos always make it difficult. Navy wears theirs below their medals.

Regards,

Johnsy

Edit: I hope the RSM gave him a kick in the 'arris.

HAha, Its one of many photos doing the rounds of Australian soldiers wearing medals etc in the incorrect order of precedence. I think some of the RSMs may need a kick up the 'arris.

I always wondered why Navy didnt follow the US navy re citations and wear them as part of their ribbon bars, then when medals are worn transfer the citation to the right breast. Much neater in my opinion.

Edited by sean1