News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Custer's Last Stand

Bear

Copies of this print can be ordered from an 800 number from the Custer museum. I had the number but can't locate it at th moment. I have one I purchased a few years ago. As a kid, I remember one hanging in an Italian restaurant....musta been about 36x30 ...terrific print !!!

That Indian peeling back the scalp. Gruesome, but interesting... :speechless1:

I note that they have depicted Custer as standing in the middle of his men, fighting to the last, as was common with many period prints. Guess that was a bit more romantic than the fact that it was a military blunder, and the end result...

This photo depicts the gathering of the remains of horses and stock from the Little Bighorn Battlefield which I visited last week. Custer actually died at the top of a knoll and there is a small monument where he is alleged to have fallen.

This photo depicts the gathering of the remains of horses and stock from the Little Bighorn Battlefield which I visited last week.

Having grow up on a farm, I know this mate. Seen plenty of carcasses, and their deteriation over months and years.

This photo has always struck me a being a poignant reminder poor military planning. There is a least one photo from every conflict since the camera was invented that reflects this. It would have been the equivalent at its time as looking at casualities on the Somme, or at burnt out hulls of tanks and vehicles on the Highway of Death, Falaise Gap, Kursk etc. Sounds a bit dramatic, but I'm sure we are all struck by some images from history.

Regards;

Johnsy