News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Info needed on 1936 German 2nd Infantry Regiment

Hello fellows,

I recently picked up a great little "Erinnerung an Meine Wehrdienstzeit" official Heer Photo album dated Weihnacht (Christmas) 1936 to a soldier in the 14th Tank Defence Company (Anti-tank unit) of the 2nd Infantry Regiment. I have searched online for many hours and have not been able to find much of anything on the 2nd Infantry Regiment at all, just on a list of Reichsheer regiments from the 1930's. I assume this regiment was renamed and absorbed into another division or regiment so I was wondering if anyone knew which one? As for the 14.Panzer-Abwehr Kompanee (mot.), I have seen a lot of info about this company with regards to Kurt (Panzer) Meyer as he took over this company (or another company with the exact same name?) in 1936 and was commander of it through the invasion of Poland in 1939. I was wondering if this is the same motorized panzerabwehr company? I could not really find a detailed description of individual regiments and companys, so any links or some information to start out with would be greatly helpful. I will post the album itself on the Heer section of this site as soon as I can. It has a picture of Field Marshall Blomberg and two other higher ups that I couldn't identify, and the soldiers name is handwritten but I cannot decipher it (It looks like Pritzen von Flugh) or something like that. There are many pictures of officers hanging out and setting up tents for the motorized division (all what appear to be Mercedez-Benz's cars with big skinny mudder tires on them with heavy treads) and a couple nice shots of the whole Kompanee in cars ready for inspection.

In summary, please lend any information (no matter how small it may seem, I am still very short in resource material!) about this specific 2nd Infantry Regiment (marked on cover Inf.-Rgt.2) and more specifcally, the 14th Motorized Panzer-Abwehr Kompanee (marked 14. (mot. Pz.-Abw.) Komp on the album. I have not been able to find any good info on it at all. Sorry, I still cannot post pics but I will get them to Larry as soon as I scan them in.

Cheers and thanks for any help and links!

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this up on the list, any leads are great as I have reached a dead end in my searches. Or is what I have already come up with correct and about all the info there is on this company? Am I the only one interested in this early Panzer-Abwehr (Tank Defense) unit?

Anyways, thanks in advance for any and all help!

Cheers,

Pat

• 1 month later...