News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

HELP WITH KNIGHTS CROSS WINNER

I wonder if anyone could help me with or advise me on how to futher research a group I purchased last year to Wilhelm Kl?pping Obergefreiter with 5./Panzer-Grenadier-Regiment 4 / 6 Panzer-Division who was Awarded the Knights Cross on 15.05.43.

The documents consisted of his Letter from General congratulating him on Award of RK, EKII, EK1, Pzr badge in bronze and wound badge in silver docs, Promotion document to Uffz, several newspaper clippings about the Award of the RK and a couple of US prisoner discharge docs and of course his Knights Cross. These documents have quite alot of dates from 1941-43 but I have nothing after his Promotion to Uffz on 1/11/43 and I'd really like to find out any more details; was he wounded again, promoted futher, got any more Awards etc. Could anyone suggest where I might find out futher details. I've checked online about his unit and purchased a really good book on 6th Panzer Division but it would be great to find out more about this brave fellow.

Many thanks

Mossop