News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello readers:

here is some information derived from the regimental history of the 2.Hannoversches Infanterie Regiment Nr.77 of WW I.compiled by Oberleutnant a.D. H. Viereck, 1917-1918 company commander of 3.M.G.Company.

The regiment was a component of the 20.I.D. in X.Army Corps.

This regiment lost a total of more than 5,200 officers and other ranks in action or missing.

One officer of the regiment, Hptm. Hermann Fricke earned the PLM while on detached duty with the flying troops as a recon pilot.

- seven officers were awarded the Kreuz der Ritter des Kgl. Hausordens von Hohenzollern,

- four non commissioned officers and one Gefreiter received the Kgl. Preussisches Goldenes Militaer Verdienst Kreuz ( royal prussian gold military merit cross)

- one hundred fortynine Iron Crosses I.Class and 4,965 II. Class were earned.

Both the corps commander, Gen. v.Emmich and the division commander,Gen.Lt. Wellmann were awarded the PLM and also the Oakleaves thereto.Gen. Wellmann shortly before the end of the war.

Bernhard H. Holst