News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

just a picture

Hello,

And yes this one has a very strange (it was a first for me) award combination. We can see:

* Silesian Eagle 1 e class

* Silesian Eagle 2 nc. class (Ribbon)

* DRL Sportsbadge

* Lw. Glider pilots badge ( :cheers: )

* Silver C badge (bullion form)

So the Feldwebel we see here was most probably a young volunteer after WWI who was part of a Freikorps and distguished himself with these. Then he went into glider flying and was very succesfull during the 30's as he earned himself the Silver C profiency badge.

Then he was drafted into the Luftwaffe and did get his LW. glider pilots training and was most probably used as a 'Ausbilder'.

A exotic awards combination for a glider, but i love it :cheeky::cheers:

Cordial greetings,

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: You know, Stijn, I think this is the FIRST time I have ever seen a Silesian Eagle wearer WITHOUT a WW1 Hindenburg Cross! Yes, obviously there must have been some young kids--in 1921 if not in 1919-- who had no previous military service

but I can't ever remember SEEING one!

Good thing you weren't distracted by the glider badge! :cheers:

Hi Ricky,

Indeed this one must have been very young back then (Silesia Affaire) and i also found it interesting to see that he was not wearing the mass awarded Hindenburg cross ;-)

Sadly no writting on the back etc ... so no possibility to find out who he is at this point.

Cordial greetings,