News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Special Constabulary Long Service Medal

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Special Constabulary Long Service Medal

Instituted: 30 August 1919

Branch of Service: Special Constabulary

Awarded to all ranks in the Special Constabulary for 9 years unpaid service, with more than 50 duties per annum. War service with at least 50 duties counted triple.

Different reigning monarchs included: George V, George VI and Elizabeth II.

Case Top:

I have a couple of these in my collection, a King George V with the bar for the Great War & a King George VI one.

Unfortunately unless the name of the recipient is particularly distinctive it's not possible to identify his or her force.

About 20 years ago I saw about a dozen of these QEII medals sitting around unloved in a stationary cabinet at a police station (along with wartime Special Constabulary cuff bands with metal plaques) unclaimed by the recipients who'd presumably left the Specials, they were'nt deemed very desirable or valuable at the time.

Apart from the Great War bar on the KG VI medal I don't think any "campaign" clasps were issued?

Guest Darrell

Nice one Darrell !!

My contribution (albeit small) - Special Constabulary and Territorial

Thanks guys. Couldn't resist grabbing this one :)

P.S. David .. I think you're medal bar is upside down in the picture? :cheers:

Edited by Darrell